Survey: Smartphone Purchases Increasing
According to a new (6/30/2011) survey reported on my Brett Molina of USA Today:
- Customers are buying more smartphonesWays to Extend the Battery Life of Smartphones and Tablets. Read more ... » than traditional cell phones.
- From March through May of this 2011, 55% of consumers who participated in the survey say they bought a smartphone. That’s up from 34% in 2010.
- Overall, 38% of U.S. consumers own a smartphone.
- AndroidAndroid Phones Overpowering iPhones. Read more ... », according to a survey by Nielsen, remains the dominant operating system, with a 38% share.
- The Google smartphone OS is followed by Apple’s iOS at 27%.
- BlackBerry follows at 21%.
Nielsen says Apple has shown the most growth over the last three months among recent smartphone buyers, up 7%.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!